We hope everyone is well and staying safe. During this pandemic, we have been providing teletherapy services. These are scheduled visits with your physical, occupational, or speech therapist from your home via the internet. We have seen much success with telehealth, and will continue to offer telehealth services as we reopen the clinics.
The plan is to slowly reopen our Cheshire, Meriden and Orange clinics starting June 1. We are taking precautions to keep our patients, families, and staff safe, and have implemented guidelines for everyone to follow. If you would like your child to resume in-clinic PT, OT, or SLP services please contact us at 203-250-9663.
Changes to Clinic:
- Waiting rooms closed
- Limited toys in treatment rooms
- Elimination of balls in ball pits, fabric swings/body socks, stuffed animals/fabric toys, etc.
- Bubbles and books used by therapist only (no patient contact)
- Plexiglass barriers sometimes used in treatment
- Prepare child for changes in the clinic with help from therapist (therapists wearing masks, unavailable equipment, etc.)
- Arrive to appointment on time
- Call office upon arrival
- Encourage child to wear mask (unless unable to tolerate or under 2 years)
- Remain in car/parking lot whenever possible (wear mask if asked to come in and only one parent comes in)
- No siblings in clinic
- Pack food from home for feeding therapy
- Available for conversation with therapist 5 min before treatment end time
- Staff member will call families one day ahead of treatment to complete a health screening
- Upon arrival to clinic, staff will confirm patient information from health screening and take patient’s temperature at the car
- All staff will wear face masks
- Therapists have the option to wear gloves during treatment
- Therapist and patient will use hand sanitizer upon entering clinic, as needed during session, and before bringing patient out to parent in the parking lot
- Elevator will be limited to those who require its use (Cheshire)
- One-way traffic in stairwells (Cheshire clinic)
- Equipment will be cleaned and disinfected after patient use
- Patients will remove shoes before entering treatment rooms whenever possible
- Hourly cleaning of all surfaces including: door handles, elevator buttons, faucets, handrails, etc.
- Limited number of people in large treatment areas
Below you will find videos for each location with the changes that have been made. These will help prepare your children to come back into the clinic.